I've left and came back more times than I can count on one hand. If failing at blogging was a thing, I would win every single time. Wait, can you win at failing? Is that a thing? Oh well, just made it one. BAM.
This girl graduated college (woohoo!), did some internships and is now on the PROWL for a job. Yeah, I said prowl. Public relations is all I've wanted to do for my entire life. I knew I wanted to work in public relations before I even knew what public relations really was. Basically, I'm not really willing to settle for any old job. I'm 22 years young (almost 23 when apparently nobody is going to like me anymore), have super supportive & amazing parents that will let me live here forever (seriously, they will but no way is that happening) and I am never going to be this young or this free again in my life - so why settle for anything less than what I want? Now, obviously I know I'm not going to get my dream job right out of college because that would be crazy! I can get something in my field that will give me loads of great experience and hopefully, I'll enjoy because as the saying goes "if you love what you do, you won't work a day in your life". Anyways, end random tangent!
Let's get into why I'm here, what I'm going to do and the real question on everyone's mind (aka Rachel who is probably the only one reading this) - will I actually keep up this blog?! My track record sucks BUT maybe thousandth time is a charm? ;) I'm here because I've always wanted to be here. Even when I didn't do the best job of showing it, this is where I wanted to be. I wanted to be blogging and rambling on about my love for toast with peanut butter and bananas (YUM) or all the trends I HATE (stay tuned for WTF?! Wednesdays). Now on to the what I'm going to do here part - WHATEVER I WANT! Seriously. I'm going in blind, no plans, no intentions - just going. Expect the unexpected? And when it comes to keeping up with this blog, hopefully I do and hopefully you keep up with me! I mean, people still keep up with Kardashians and they've become... we'll save it for another rant.
So if you've been here before and have experienced my crazy, unable-to-commit self - nice to see you again. If you're new, welcome to rippedjeansandvinyl! Grab your favorite beverage (may I suggest an iced black tea lemonade or if you're of age, an iced cold beer) and stay a while. Let's hope I'm not like that guy at the bar who asked for your number and then never called!


No comments:
Post a Comment