Wednesday, March 05, 2014

WTF?! Wednesday - Fashion

Fashion is one of my many passions. Rhyming, yet true. Maybe I have a future in rapping? Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I read the glossies and the blogs. I know what's in and what's out, but that doesn't mean I agree. There are some trends out there that this girl will never understand how someone could actually wear and I've decided rant about them to you all. I could go on about this forever, so I've decided to present these absolutely stupid and ridiculous trends to you in installments.

Every Wednesday I will present to you, WTF?! Wednesdays. I will rant about a fashion, beauty, entertainment, etc. trend that makes this girl go WTF?!

So, without further ado, I give you the beginning of a beautiful weekly series...

1. This whole not putting your arms in your coat sleeves thing is beyond DUMB. It's all you see on the streets of New York City during fashion week and it is ridiculous. You don't look sophisticated or classy or anything besides STUPID. It is freaking 20 degrees outside - put your damn arms in your coat sleeves! The sleeves are there for a reason, duh.

credit: trendylisbon.com

2. Those freaking plastic bubble necklaces. Just because J. Crew sells it for $150 (which is so insane I'm not even going to try to figure out why such an outrageous price tag is attached to a hunk of plastic) doesn't mean that it's cool or attractive or whatever. Seriously, I hate these things. They're everywhere. Like okay, I get it's a statement piece that's on the simpler side and for those that don't want to take the plunge into awesome, sparkly statement pieces like this guy - it serves a purpose. Unless you're playing dress up or Pretty Pretty Princess (if you don't get this reference, BYE. JK, but seriously...), plastic jewelry is just not acceptable. If you're nervous to try a statement necklace or are a poor college student like this girl, there's some great affordable options out there like this edgy bib from H&M.
credit: jcrew.com

Let me know in the comments what trends you just don't understand or think are absolutely ridiculous!


No comments:

Post a Comment